The official version of ViperOS based on Android 9.0 Pie is now available for Samsung Galaxy J5 2015. The team behind this custom project has developed the ViperOS version 6.1 with the help of LineageOS 16.0. Since this is an AOSP build, you will have stock experience. But development team has added a bunch of useful features for an enhanced experience. This is a stable Galaxy J5 2015 Android Pie build which means you should run into troubles because of bugs. Give it a try and it should entertain with a decent UI and tons of features.
The Galaxy J5 2015 was one of the best budget handset of its time. This handset has managed to maintain a good position around but it would not receive the One UI software from Samsung. So users should focus on solid unofficial sources to upgrade handset on Android Pie. This Galaxy J5 Android Pie custom build should give them what they are seeking for. It works with Galaxy J5 SM-J500Y, J500H, J500F, J500FZ and others.
- Have battery of your device charged.
- Create backup of your device (backup everything stored on phone including contacts, messages, and files).
- Have TWRP recovery on device
How To Install Galaxy J5 Android 9 Pie ViperOS ROM
- Download the latest version of Galaxy J5 2015 Android 9.0 Pie ROM from here.
- Copy downloaded files to your phone’s SD card.
- Turn your device off.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode by holding and pressing power key and volume key.
- Once you are in recovery mode, formate data.
- After this, you need to flash the file you transfered.
- This step is optional. Stay in recovery mode and Clean Cache and Dalvik.
- Reboot the handset and enjoy.
After installation, simply reboot phone. Please note that first boot may take time, so wait for the full boot. Enjoy! You can share your feedback in comments.