The Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 Android 9 software update could not arrive officially, as far we observe. But it does not really mean that users cannot really taste it in any way, the open world of custom firmware is there to help. There is an unofficial build of bootlegers ROM available which can update Galaxy J5 2016 to Android Pie easily. The Galaxy J5 is one of the bestselling handset the company has targeted mid-range markets with. The compact design and smooth performance give a powerful experience to users. But with all that the company might not bring an official version of Android 9 Pie with One UI to handset. So users should try to rely on unofficial tricks.
This custom ROM feels similar to LineageOS 16. Before starting installation, we recommend you to note that this is Android 9 custom ROM, so you can expect bugs. But the developer says it is fully stable build for daily drive. So it is worthy to try this Galaxy J5 2016 Android Pie firmware.
- Have battery of your device charged.
- Create backup of your device (backup everything stored on phone including contacts, messages, and files).
- Have TWRP recovery on device
How To Install Galaxy J5 2016 Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM
- Download the latest version of Galaxy J5 2016 Android Pie ROM from here (original XDA thread).
- Copy downloaded files to your phone’s SD card.
- Turn your device off.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode by holding and pressing power key and volume key.
- Once you are in recovery mode, formate data.
- After this, you need to flash the file you transfered.
- This step is optional. Stay in recovery mode and Clean Cache and Dalvik.
- Reboot the handset and enjoy.
After installation, simply reboot phone. Please note that first boot may take time, so wait for the full boot. Enjoy! You can share your feedback in comments.