The Galaxy J4 Plus Android 9 Pie update is not coming very soon. It might take some months but if you are not willing to focus on long process of update, worry not. The phone has already received a custom build of update. The latest Android 9 update for J4 Plus will bring a number of feature including adaptive battery settings. But it is a stock build so you would miss all Samsung’s Experience UI features. Moreover, it is still in development stages which means you might experience some bugs with the build. The developer of this custom Galaxy J4 Plus Android 9 ROM can fix all bugs soon, so it is worthy to try.
- Have battery of your device charged.
- Create backup of your device (backup everything stored on phone including contacts, messages, and files).
- Have TWRP recovery on device. You can flash it here.
How To Install Galaxy J4 Plus Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM
- Download the latest version of AOSP ROM for Galaxy J4 Plus from here. You need to download Aosp v110 armaonly.
- Download Terminal zip from here and download Magisk from 18 here.
- Copy all downloaded files to your phone’s SD card.
- Turn your device off.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode by holding and pressing power key and volume key.
- Once you are in recovery mode, formate data.
- After this, you need to flash system.img as any gsi img and after that flash magisk.
- Reboot the handset and activate magisk.
After installation, simply reboot phone. Please note that first boot may take time, so wait for the full boot.
Enjoy! You can share your feedback in comments.